I think that link is appropriate for this time of year. After all, it’s continuing to look a lot like Christmas outside!
(By the way, that’s a soy hot chocolate that she’s holding in the Starbucks cup.)
It’s one of those
days weeks where I really need to see progress and relatively instant gratification. In other words, it’s a list day.
- We are starting a Knitting group after school at Cathedral School. I’m excited, really-really excited. There’s a stash of donated yarn in my office closet. The goal is for the kids to be able to knit squares for an afghan. The kids will make garter stitch squares, the adults will knit complementary 4 leaf squares to pull it all together. My sample square:
- Since it looks like Christmas outside, I knit a Button Tab Hat over the weekend. It’s out of leftover Socks that Rock Heavyweight. I might even be able to squeak one more hat out of this skein. The buttons are a gift from a friend which have been marinating in my stash for quite some time.
- The 2 red sweaters are still in progress.
- It’s Eat Downtown week in Duluth. It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year. I’m kidnapping a co-worker and we’re going for lunch. The only hard part is deciding where to go for lunch.
- I wish I had seen this post from Crafaholics Anonymous before Easter. The little rock chicks are so cute!
- And lastly, I want to take this class at Stitches Midwest next August. I don’t know why. I think making that much icord (unless I can use my fun icord toy) would drive me absolutely batty. Absolutely, Seriously batty. I would never finish it. I would have really good intentions, but I think the icord would just be too dull. But I would love wearing it.
- Edited to add: Why do I look at food blogs when I’m already hungry? This is bad. It’s like grocery shopping when you’re hungry kind of bad. I do have a pretty amazing list of food bloggers that I currently read. It always amazes me how amazing their staging and photography is. Clearly they do not work out of my kitchen with it’s 3 feet of counter space and poor lighting. Course I’m sure the fact that my iphone is my go to camera doesn’t help matters much.